What is the Water Project?
Much of Nephi City's water distribution system is antiquated and undersized. In order to conform to the State of Utah Rules for Public Drinking Water Systems, it is necessary to upgrade and replace old pipelines, some of which have been in service for over 70 years. This will not only provide a more robust system, but it will expand capacity within the system as well. Along with the upgrades to the distribution system, Nephi will be adding two additional water storage tanks to meet the needs of current users and plan for additional growth. Upgrades to the city's chlorinating building and spring facilities will also be a part of this project. To assist with projected growth, the city has purchased a new well and refurbished an existing well to put it back into service.
Why is it needed?
The water system is in dire need of an upgrade and this project will provide it for most of the system. In addition, growth projections for East Juab County are significant for the next 40 years. In order to plan for this growth, the city needed to look for new water sources and improve the system of delivery.
- Valve replacements have begun in the marked areas that are highlighted in red. Please be aware that to do so water shut-offs will occur. These affected areas will receive notices of water shut off times and dates to facilitate the quick replacements of these valves.
- ROAD CLOSURES! We have a road closure 300 West to 500 South. Please use alternate route!
- Construction is still being conducted on the well known as the "Worwood Well". Crew #1 is continuing work on 4 Mile Road from the City Water Tank. Please use CAUTION when traveling this road.
- Future Construction Notice:
Road boring will be continue in certain areas. Please use caution at all roadwork signs.
- "Water Improvement Project One Step Closer to Commencement" [Trauntvein, M. [September, 12, 2018] Nephi Times News]
- "Former Councilman says Nephi City's Water Improvement Project Should Take Precedence over recreation project" [Trauntvein, M. [August 22, 2018] Nephi Times News]
- "Nephi City Awards Bid for Culinary Water Systems Improvement Project" [Trauntvein, M. [August 15, 2018] Nephi Times News]
- "Nephi City Purchases Land for Site of New Culinary Water Tank" [Trauntvein, M. [July 25, 2018] Nephi Times News]